Saturday 28 Oct 2023
Meet at parking area at 849 Concession 1, west of Turkey Point Road (Norfolk County Road 10)
Event to take place Rain or Shine
2.65km loop on fairly flat dry sandy trails
Estimated 2 hrs for walk & talk guided tour
Please RSVP using the Google Forms link below:
Points of interest:
- See White Pine and Red Pine plantations before and after logging activities
- See examples of Oak Woodland, Oak Savanna and Sand Barren habitats that are home to plants, birds and insects that are considered Species at Risk in Ontario and Canada because of their specialized habitat requirements and declining populations.
- Learn about the cultural and natural history of this part of the St. Williams Conservation Reserve
- Opportunity to talk to members of the St. Williams Conservation Reserve Community Council
- Researchers from McMaster University will be on site to talk about their work studying how forests store carbon.
For more information, call 519-410-2620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org